ALONG THE BICYCLE PATHS OF UMBRIA
A week of travel to discover by bike some of the most beautiful places in Umbria, from the center of Perugia to the Piediluco lake. You will cycle along cycle paths, low-traffic roads surrounded by greenery and the route of the former Spoleto-Norcia railway, in the stretch that goes from Spoleto to Sant’Anatolia di Narco, the richest route of viaducts and tunnels.
The itinerary develops in the heart of Umbria, between secondary roads in asphalt with low traffic, bike paths and dirt tracks. The region is hilly, so along the way you will find several ups and downs, even if you will not miss the stretches of the plains. The most significant climbs, almost always with not significant slopes, are those that lead to Assisi and Montefalco, the first part of the former Spoleto-Norcia railway and the Forca di Arrone pass.
Overall, the itinerary can be considered medium-easy and a person in good health and active can face it without difficulty, also because the daily mileage never exceeds 35 km. It would be ideal to train in the period before the holiday, especially to get used to staying in the saddle several hours and avoid pain and soreness.
Total kilometers160 km
Elevation gain2100 m
Road surface60% asphalt – 40% dirt
IncludedALONG THE BICYCLE PATHS OF UMBRIA
Day 2 – Perugia-Assisi (25km)
Day 3 – Assisi-Montefalco (35km)
Day 4 – Montefalco-Spoleto (30km)
Day 5 – Spoleto-Castel San Felice (20km)
Day 6 – Castel San Felice-Arrone (25km)
Day 7 – Arrone-Piediluco (25km)
Experiences to enrich the program
- Perugia: chocolate tastings, visit of the historic center with a professional guide
- Assisi: entrance to the Basilica of San Francesco, entrance to Bosco Fai di San Francesco, visit of the historic center with a professional guide
- Montefalco / Bevagna: wine tastings, entrance to the Medieval Crafts circuit
- Spoleto: visit of the historic center with a professional guide
- Cascata delle Marmore: entrance to the park
- Once your booking is complete, you will receive vouchers for hotels and other booked services via email.
- If you buy, always via email, you will be provided with the gps tracks of the tour, the road books and the list of hotels.
- Upon your arrival at the hotel you will find the Umbria & Bike welcome kit consisting of an Umbria & Bike bottle and tourist material about Umbria.
- In case you have also booked the bike rental, you will find them ready at the hotel upon your arrival.
- 6 nights in half board with dinner in the hotel (drinks included)
- Umbria & Bike Kit
- Registration fee and insurance Covid 19 coverage
- Extras and tips
- Gpx tracks or detailed road map
- Return from Piediluco
- Luggage transport
- Bicycle rental
- Suggested experiences
- City tax where applicable
- Means of transport
- Anything not expressly indicated under "the fee includes"