On the Assisi – Spoleto cycle path
The Assisi-Spoleto cycle route, together with Spoleto-Norcia, was named in 2015 the most beautiful green road in Italy and with this short tour we will let you discover it in its entirety. It is a very easy route, which develops partly on secondary roads with very low traffic and partly on its own, therefore ideal also for beginners and children. The route is completely flat and in total 55 kilometers long, which we offer divided into two stages, easy and fascinating.
What makes this cycle route special, compared to many other cycle paths, is the wealth of cultural beauties that you can visit in a few kilometers. In the basic route, the simplest one, you will leave from Assisi, the city of San Francesco, rich in spirituality and artistic and cultural treasures. Along the way you will immerse yourself in the Umbrian countryside and then arrive at the suggestive medieval village of Bevagna, a real gem. Going south, the scenery changes quickly and you can cycle through vineyards and olive groves from which excellent oil and wine are obtained. A short stop at the Fonti del Clitunno before arriving in Spoleto, one of the most beautiful cities of art in central Italy, where there are so many things to visit.
If you have a good level of training, we have also thought of a variant with a few more climbs, but which will allow you to reach other enchanting villages such as Spello, Montefalco and Trevi in a few kilometers.
IncludedOn the Assisi – Spoleto cycle path
Day 2 – Assisi-Bevagna (25km)
Day 3 – Bevagna-Spoleto (30km)
Experiences to enrich the program
- Assisi: entrance to the FAI Bosco di San Francesco, entrance to the Bartali Museum, visit Assisi Romana
- Bevagna: entrance to the Medieval Craft Circuit, wine tasting in the cellar
- Campello sul Clitunno: visit to the park of the Fonti del Clitunno
- Trevi: tasting of extra virgin olive oil
- Once your booking is complete, you will receive vouchers for hotels and other booked services via email.
- If you buy, always via email, you will be provided with the gps tracks of the tour, the road books and the list of hotels.
- Upon your arrival at the hotel you will find the Umbria & Bike welcome kit consisting of an Umbria & Bike bottle and tourist material about Umbria.
- In case you have also booked the bike rental, you will find them ready at the hotel upon your arrival.
From € 180,00 per person in double roomThe rate is per person and includes:
- 2 nights in in a double room along the way
- Half board treatment (drinks not included)
- Luggage transport along the way
- Umbria & Bike Kit
- Extras and tips
- GPX tracks or customized road mapù
- Return from Spoleto to Assisi
- Possible extra night in Spoleto
- Bicycle rental
- Suggested experiences
- Optional insurance to be requested when booking
- City tax where applicable
- Means of transport
- Anything not expressly indicated under "the fee includes"