Bicycling between the villages and the hills of Lake Trasimeno
Umbria is not bathed by the sea but is still a region rich in water, including springs, streams and lakes. The lake area of Lake Trasimeno, the fourth largest lake in Italy by extension, is one of the most characteristic and well-known in Umbria, as well as one of the most popular with cyclists, who can decide to cycle on the plains along its banks or climb the hills. that surround it, admiring its three islands from above and, if the time is right, unforgettable sunsets.
Ancient fishing villages alternate with small beaches and tourist spots, highly suggestive panoramic points are added to the beauties of the most important villages, such as Castiglione del Lago, Passignano, Tuoro and Magione.
A soft, romantic landscape, ideal for cycling to discover its many facets. You can pedal along its banks, without effort, closely observing the fishermen and then stop for lunch in a small restaurant, overlooking the lake, to enjoy a plate of fresh fish or the typical cake al testo. Or go up the hills, reaching the medieval villages of Panicale, Paciano and Città della Pieve, to visit these enchanting towns and discover some of the most beautiful viewpoints in Umbria.
RoutePassignano - Tuoro - Castiglione del Lago
Total kilometers20 km + 15 km
Elevation gain200 mt
Road surface50% asphalt – 50% dirt
IncludedBicycling between the villages and the hills of Lake Trasimeno
Day 2 – Passignano - Castiglione del Lago
Experiences to enrich the program
- Trasimeno Lake: in every location we can organize sports activities (trekking, canoeing, windsurfing, sup, etc.)
- Visit to the Oasis La Valle di San Feliciano
- Boat trip to Polvese Island
- Castiglione del Lago: entrance to the Palazzo del Duca della Corgna and the Rocca del Leone
- Wine and Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Once your booking is complete, you will receive vouchers for hotels and other booked services via email.
- If you buy, always via email, you will be provided with the gps tracks of the tour, the road books and the list of hotels.
- Upon your arrival at the hotel you will find the Umbria & Bike welcome kit consisting of an Umbria & Bike bottle and tourist material about Umbria.
- In case you have also booked the bike rental, you will find them ready at the hotel upon your arrival.
From € 215.00 per person in a double roomThe price per person in a double room includes:
- 2 nights in half board with dinner in the hotel (drinks included)
- boat trip to Isola Maggiore
- packed lunch
- wine tasting
- Umbria & Bike Kit
- Registration fee and insurance Covid 19 coverage
- Extras and tips
- Gpx tracks or detailed road map
- Bicycle rental
- City tax where applicable
- Means of transport
- Anything not expressly indicated under "the fee includes"